19 Ιουν 2007

Racin' in the Street

Capital Centre, Landover, Maryland, 24th November 1980

I got a sixty-nine Chevy with a 396
Fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor
She's waiting tonight down in the parking lot
Outside the Seven-Eleven store
Me and my partner Sonny built her straight out of scratch
And he rides with me from town to town
We only run for the money got no strings attached
We shut 'em up and then we shut 'em down

Tonight, tonight the strip's just right
I wanna blow 'em off in my first heat
Summer's here and the time is right
For goin' racin' in the street

We take all the action we can meet
And we cover all the northeast state
When the strip shuts down we run 'em in the street
From the fire roads to the interstate
Some guys they just give up living
And start dying little by little, piece by piece
Some guys come home from work and wash up
And go racin' in the street

Tonight, tonight the strip's just right
I wanna blow 'em all out of their seats
Calling out around the world, we're going racin' in the street

I met her on the strip three years ago
In a Camaro with this dude from L.A.
I blew that Camaro off my back and drove that little girl away
But now there's wrinkles around my baby's eyes
And she cries herself to sleep at night
When I come home the house is dark
She sighs "Baby did you make it all right"
She sits on the porch of her daddy's house
But all her pretty dreams are torn
She stares off alone into the night
With the eyes of one who hates for just being born
For all the shut down strangers and hot rod angels
Rumbling through this promised land
Tonight my baby and me we're gonna ride to the sea
And wash these sins off our hands

Tonight tonight the highway's bright
Out of our way mister you best keep
'Cause summer's here and the time is right
For goin' racin' in the street

Maryland 273 East Interstate, Fair Hill

buzz it!

7 Σχόλια:

Unknown είπε...

Πολύτιμο πράγμα μας έδωσες σήμερα βρε αγόρι μου.
Soundtrack φυγής από κείνα που δεν λένε να σταματήσουν να σε πληγώνουν - ίσως γιατί έτσι είναι το πράγμα συντεθειμένο.
Εναντίον μας.

Μείνε έτσι, φίλε.

Σπύρος Σεραφείμ είπε...

είμαι ήδη εκεί με μια Camaro και με κυνηγάνε μπάτσοι...

Ανώνυμος είπε...

αχ και νά 'ξερες τι πληγές ξύνεις... (αν και έχω την εντύπωση οτι καταλαβαίνεις).

Το προηγούμενο Σάββατο στο γυρισμό απο την Επίδαυρο, τη μαύρη ζεστή νύκτα έσκιζε, στη διαπασών, το μουρμουρητό του Bruce "...tonight tonight the strip's just right
I wanna blow `em off in my first heat..."

Και για να σε προλάβω... (άκου...)

Now the greasers they tramp the streets or get busted for trying to sleep on the beach all night

Them boys in their spiked high heels, ah Sandy, their skins are so white

And me I just got tired of hangin' in them dusty arcades bangin' them
pleasure machines

Chasin' the factory girls underneath the boardwalk where they promise to unsnap their jeans

And you know that tilt-a-whirl down on the south beach drag
I got on it last night and my shirt got caught

And that Joey kept me spinnin'
I didn't think I'd ever get off...

Ανώνυμος είπε...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Ανώνυμος είπε...

που χάθηκες ?????

Ανώνυμος είπε...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Ανώνυμος είπε...
Αυτό το σχόλιο αφαιρέθηκε από έναν διαχειριστή ιστολογίου.